How to find us
You can have a look on our own car-pooling system : Bure’car’Bure (sorry, only in french for the moment !)
Coming by train:
– Closest station is in Joinville, roughly 20 kilometres from Bure and the forest. From Joinville you can hitch-hike (see below) or contact us beforehand to arrange us to pick you up.
Coming by hitch-hiking/driving:
– From Joinville: Go to the Thonnance-Lès-Joinville exit of the roundabout , direction Laboratoire Andra (villages on the way : Pansay / Saudron) then turn left just after the village of Saudron, Bure is indicated, you can’t miss the house of Resistance, it’s in the very center of the village 🙂
From the station of joinville, turn left to leave it and cross the bridge. You can hitch-hike from there or walk a bit further to the supermarket (super U).
– From Paris: Direction Nancy by the main roads then Saint-Dizier, Ligny-en-Barrois go down through Longeaux, Évilliers, Haudelaincourt, Bonnet, Mandres, Bure.
– From Nancy: Direction Paris by main roads until Ligny-en-Barrois then go down through Longeaux, Évilliers, Haudelaincourt, Bonnet, Mandres, Bure.
– From Ligny en Barrois: From D966 take the direction Neufchâteau, continue to direction Houdelaincourt by D960 through Bonnet, continue to direction Mandres, after that follow road signs to Bure and «Laboratoire ANDRA».
Overview of the area:
How to walk from Bure to the forest:
How to find from Bure to the forest and where to park your car: